Thursday, October 11, 2012

Something new at Amazon

So yesterday morning I received a tweet regarding "Author Ranking"...had no idea what they were talking about. So I hopped over to Amazon to take a look and WOW! It was such a surprise and I felt so very honored and yes, I cried! ;o) Happy tears of course!

Not only does Amazon rank our books according to sales, popularity, and reviews, they now rank the authors themselves. Please don't ask me the logarithms on this because honestly, I don't know. I believe the biggest factor is sales, but other than that, no clue how they figure it out. I think that if I tried my head would implode! lol

So they rank the top 100 authors based on sales and other unknown factors. It was such a sweet and happy surprise to see that I was ranked #19 in Historical Fiction! Out of all the authors I was #19.  WOW!

I am also ranked #37 for Historical Romance authors.

Me.

I'm up there with Diana Gabaldon, Julie Garwood, Lisa Kleypas, Courtney Milan, and many others.

Me.

I look back at these past ten months and I am still amazed at how well received my stories are. I can't find the words to express my gratitude and humble thanks to each of you. I would not be here if it weren't for you! Thank you all so very, very much! You're all a very important part of this dream of mine that is quickly being fulfilled! I'm sending you all great big hugs and virtual chocolates! You're all wonderful and I just love you all to pieces!

Thank you!! Have a beautiful day!

xoxoxoxo
Suzan

2 comments:

  1. Big congrats Suzan! But you deserve a lot of the credit for writing the books that people love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!! There also happens to be a sweet cover artist who deserves credit for creating such a BEAUTIFUL cover!!! ;o)

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete