Monday, October 29, 2012

What I've Learned My First Day of Being Self-Employed

I learned quite a few things today, this my first day as a self-employed individual working from home. I would like to share those with you. ;o)


  1. I suck at the June Cleaver bit. In my insane moment of wanting to do something nice for my family by baking cookies, I discovered the hard way that my potholder had a hole in it. Yes, I cursed like a drunken sailor when I took the cookie sheet out of the oven.
  2. Don't lay down on the sofa to do a plot revision while you've got the TV on to some show titled "Notorious". You WILL have nightmares!
  3. Just because I'm home, doesn't necessarily mean I have to catch up on laundry. It takes away from writing.
  4. Although I don't make a very good June Cleaver, the smile of surprise on my son's eyes when he walked through the front door and discovered homemade chocolate chocolate chip cookies is  priceless. 
  5. Remind son not to get used to homemade cookies every day or even every week. ;o)
  6. Do not turn on the TV just to see what kind of shows I've been missing all these years. I'm now comfortable knowing I've not missed anything other than the cooking shows. Too distracting. Thank Goodness for DVR though. I did like that 10 Dollar Meals show. Now have it set to record. 
  7. Just because I'm home doesn't mean I can or should make three pots of coffee before 1:00. Even though its decaf, it still goes through you like regular!
  8. Just because friends send me twitter messages or Facebook messages doesn't mean I have to immediately answer. Tomorrow, phone and internet will be off until I've written 3,000 words. ;o)
  9. But the most important thing I've learned is that I really, really like being home! 

Hugs,
Suzan

No comments:

Post a Comment